Use of steel in construction applications worldwide is widespread, with steel buildings used for commercial as well as residential purposes. Unfortunately, many people are still not convinced about the suitability of steel structures due to their limited knowledge and myths.
Over the years, several myths have come forward regarding metal buildings. Each one sounds true but not on the basis of facts.
- MYTH 1: Metal Buildings Are Noisy
- MYTH 2: Metal Contracts And Expands In Extreme Temperatures
- MYTH 3: Metal Carports Interfere With Tv, Radio And Cell Phones Signal
- MYTH 4: Metal Buildings Are Not Energy Efficient
- MYTH 5: Metal Building Are Not Attractive And Look-Alike
- MYTH 6: Metal Building Attract Lighting
- MYTH 7: Metal Buildings Are Too Expensive
- MYTH 8: Metal Buildings Are Weak, Flimsy, and Cheap
- MYTH 9: Metal Buildings Are Unsafe If Exposed to Electricity
- MYTH 10: Metal Buildings Rust
- MYTH 11: Steel Isn’t Used for Metal Buildings
- MYTH 12: Steel Isn’t Recyclable
Check out this infographic about most common metal building myths along with their reality.